NJTV Learning Live
Weekdays starting this Monday, April 6th, kids can tune in to NJTV for on-air classes, taught by some of New Jersey’s finest public school teachers. Hosted by Kimberly Dickstein Hughes, recipient of the 2019-2020 State Teacher of the Year Award, on-air classes will be taught daily for grades three through six from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on NJTV.
NJ Department of Education Virtual Professional Learning
The New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) collaborated with educators across the state to create virtual professional learning sessions. The sessions provide educators with an additional resource to support educators during remote learning.
Recommended by TCNJ Faculty
- QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON PROVIDING SERVICES TO CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 OUTBREAK
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Online Classroom
- Legal FAQs on Coronavirus, School Closings, and Special Education
- With Schools Closed, Kids With Disabilities Are More Vulnerable Than Ever
- Despite assurances of flexibility, educators fear liability in online instruction of special ed students
- Engaging Learners in Online Environments Utilizing Universal Design for Learning Principles
- Applying Universal Design for Learning in Online Courses: Pedagogical and Practical Considerations
- Amazing Educational Resources Database – A full metric ton of resources for you!
- Free Math Worksheets
- Solve the Outbreak – Good for 9-12 grade Science
- Lalilo — Free Phonics and Comprehension program
- Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual Museum Visits
– Amazing Educational Resources
-Online Learning Collective (OLC) or visit here for their website: https://sites.google.com/view/online-learning-collective/watch?authuser=0
- District leaders share proven strategies and successes for implementing full-time virtual school
- The Role of Technology in Schools: How to Learn From EdTech’s Past to Fuel Student Achievement
- How to Cultivate Social and Emotional Learning With Computational Thinking
- High-quality K–12 online teachers
Join virtual school teachers Teresa Chmielewski, Wauwatosa Virtual Academy; Jen Goble, Indiana Connections Academy; and Director of Global Schools Mickey Revenaugh, Pearson, to explore how to personalize learning for every student. In this session, two high-quality online teachers will share the specialized training that online teachers receive and how they personalize learning to make sure every student gets the right degree of challenge and support.
- How It Works – Advice from Experienced Online k-12 Teachers
- Introduction to Live Online Teaching (k-12) (They have multiple days/times coming. Check the link for details)
- Zoom Meetings for Education (Students & Educators) Occurs at different times. Check the link for specifics.
- Nearpod – Also schedules regular webinars about distance learning technology. Check the link for details.
- Google Classroom Basics: Docs Edition – Saturday April 4 (See times below)
[Note: There are three possible sessions for this topic. See Session 1-3 below.]
- Session 1: 10 – 10:30 am ET with Jerry Swiatek
“Google Classroom: An Intro to Creating, Formatting, & Sharing Google Docs”
- Session 2: 11 – 11:30 am ET with Jenna Linskens
“Great Things You Can Do with Google Docs in Google Classroom”
- Session 3: 12 – 12:30 pm ET with Sarah Thomas
“Google Classroom: Project Ideas and Classroom Suggestions for Using Google Docs”
- Understanding the Impact of Coronavirus on K-12 Education
On Wednesday, April 8 we’ll offer a bonus webinar sharing lessons from Chinese educators who have made the switch to online learning. Led by EdSurge cofounder Betsy Corcoran, our guests will share what they’ve learned by transitioning to remote education so quickly and the new options for learning they now have for their students. For this special edition, we’ll be using a Chinese webinar platform, ClassIn. Thank you to ClassIn for supporting our coronavirus coverage.
Date: Wednesday April 8 Time: 2:00 pm ET Duration: 1 hour
Best Practices For Online Teaching
Virtual platform for existing lesson plans to be transformed for interactive implementation
A remote learning platform that allows for student,teacher, parent interaction
Collaboration platform for boards, documents, and webpages
Video creation platform that allows learners to reflect upon, discuss and showcase what they are learning, making, reading, solving, experiencing, playing
Amazing Educational Resources
List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings – Updated daily by owner
For TCNJ – Sortable Version – as of 3/30/20
Organized by Topic – 4/5/20
We Are Teachers
190 Online Resources
200 Free Kids Educational Resources: Video Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites & More
National Network for State Teachers of the Year Resource List
This is a curated list of resources by State Teachers of the Year with regard to virtual instruction. Their website is www.nnstoy.org and are on Twitter @nnstoy
Civics 101 Podcasts – 15-25 minute episodes on a single subject about the U.S. government paired with a graphic organizer and additional resources for easy lesson building.
Skype a Scientist
Russell Stannard (Teacher Training Videos)
Links to Youtube channel – videos for Zoom, Online teaching
Toll-free number is 888-799-9666 ext 2.
Link to Zoom Technical Support Contact info (including live chat and submitting a ticket)
Link to Zoom Help Center (https://support.zoom.us)
Zoom Test Meeting – Join this meeting to make sure your computer is able to use Zoom
Tutor K-12 subjects for the children of Columbia University Irving Medical Center doctors and medical staff on surge support. You can choose a subject you wish to tutor in. Flexible scheduling. All conducted via Zoom.
Sign up at: Tutoring CUIMC
There are many more ways to help out beyond tutoring! To find out more, or if you have any other questions, please contact us:
Will Plews-Ogan (ASGC VP) at email@example.com
Dr. Jonathan Susman (CUIMC contact) at firstname.lastname@example.org